Naturalization is the process of becoming a U.S. Citizen for a Green card holder. A non-U.S. citizen may apply for citizenship.

To apply for Naturalization:

  • One must be a Lawful Permanent resident 
  • Be of a minimum age (18 years)
  • Must continuously and physically resided in the U.S. for 3 or 5 years
  • Must reside in the U.S. for 3 months in the state where wants to file the naturalization application
  • Must be a person of good moral character for the statutory period.

Certificate of Citizenship 

In some situations, an individual may apply for a certificate of citizenship under this application. A child who automatically became a citizen of the U.S after birth, but before they turned 18 years of age can apply for a certificate of citizenship. To qualify for this application:

  • The parent must be a U.S. citizen; 
  •  The Applicant must be the biological child of that U.S. citizen parent; 
  •  The Applicant must be lawfully admitted to the United States for lawful permanent residence; and 
  • The Applicant must be living in the United States in the legal and physical custody of your U.S. citizen parent.

We also help with Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) for children of U.S. citizens born outside the U.S.

Let us walk your immigration journey with you.
Contact our experienced immigration attorney who can guide you through the process.