USCIS will issue a visa to victims of certain crimes who have been helpful to law enforcement or U.S. government officials in investigations or prosecution of criminal activity. This visa is also available to people living outside the U.S.

Who qualifies for a U Visa?

  • Must be a victim of a qualifying crime
  • Must have suffered mental or physical abuse as a result of the crime
  • Must have information about the criminal activity
  • Must be or have been helpful to law enforcement or government official during prosecution or investigations
  • The crime occurred in the U.S.

A U Visa recipient may also file for specific family members as derivatives.

U Visas offer a path to a green card and U.S. citizenship.

Let us walk your immigration journey with you.
Contact our experienced immigration attorney who can guide you through the process.